I read about the Yakezie Challenge before I started this blog, but I worried that I would not be serious enough to commit to what it requires. Luckily, I love blogging and have many ideas for posts. While past performance is not a reliable indicator of future results, I am comfortable in saying that I am officially joining the Yakezie Challenge.
If you are a fan of Call Your Girlfriend, it is similar to Shine Theory. When your friends do well, you do well. Their shine rubs off on you. I love interacting with people who are fascinated by anything. Maybe you learn about esoteric topics from them, or maybe they let you know about an unpublished event that would be amazing to sit in on. You never know what will happen when you are open to interesting people.
Fascinating people make great friends. They inspire you to do and be better. It is a joy to be friends with people who are living their dreams.
I have always been a fan of promoting others and encouraging them on their journeys – no matter where they are going. Outside of my blog life, I help connect people with the jobs and relationships and books they desire. I love learning what sparks my friends’ joy. A joyful person is wonderful to see.
The Yakezie Challenge is the brain-child of Sam of FinancialSamurai and he describes it in this post. Of course, I’m going to to bring out his relevant information below.
To join the Yakezie Challenge :
1) Install the Alexa toolbar if not already and comment what your current Alexa ranking is. (Done.)
2) Write consistently 2-4 times a week on your own site and consider guest posting around the community including on Yakezie.com to raise your profile. (In process)
3) Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge. (Done)
4) Announce on your blog that you have joined the Yakezie Challenge. (Here we are)
5) Selflessly promote others and build relationships. (In all of life)
6) Stay committed and consistent over the next 6 months! (In process)
7) Introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum and get to know your fellow Challengers and Members. (I’m not clear if this is still being updated)
8) After you’ve completed the 6-month challenge, let everyone know how it worked for you. If you’ve done it as intended, you could be invited to become an official Yakezie member. (See you on December 6, 2016!)
Persistence in relationship building is the key. You must show up for people. This is an online version of that. I like it a lot.
As of today, June 6, 2016, my Alexa ranking is 14,000,562 internationally and 1,489,921 nationally.
December 6, 2016 is six months from now.
Before December 6, 2016, I need to:
- Complete 27 weeks of 2-4 posts a week. Or 54-108 posts.
- Get to 200,000 on Alexa. That is a 13,800,563 (international) or 1,289,920 (national) difference. This is definitely the hardest portion of the goal. ZJ Thorne is my first experience of blogging. I don’t know tricks. I just want to share my story and my learning. Hopefully that content will appeal to other people, but that remains to be seen.
- Support other bloggers in their goals. A delight.
Do you think the Yakezie Challenge is still achievable in light of how many blogs there are in 2016?