I completed the Yakezie Challenge!!!
I listened to the free advice from Sam and have succeeded in exactly the way he promised. My original post was one day over six months ago.
A refresher on joining the Yakezie Challenge :
1) Install the Alexa toolbar if not already and comment what your current Alexa ranking is.
2) Write consistently 2-4 times a week on your own site and consider guest posting around the community including on Yakezie.com to raise your profile. (I was consistently twice a week at first, and lately I have done 1 post a week)
3) Install the Yakezie Challenger Badge.
4) Announce on your blog that you have joined the Yakezie Challenge.
5) Selflessly promote others and build relationships. (Still good for all of life)
6) Stay committed and consistent over the next 6 months!
7) Introduce yourself on the Yakezie Challengers Forum and get to know your fellow Challengers and Members. (I’m not clear if this is still being updated and never added myself.)
8) After you’ve completed the 6-month challenge, let everyone know how it worked for you. If you’ve done it as intended, you could be invited to become an official Yakezie member.
As of June 6, 2016, my Alexa ranking was 14,000,562 internationally and 1,489,921 nationally.
As of December 7, my Alexa ranking was 684,605 internationally and remarkably 180,247 in the US. ZJ Thorne is officially under 200,000 and I did not fully follow all of the steps in the end. Imagine where I would be had I been able to make the full commitment!
Have you listened to the blogging giants and seen success?